Walk for Life 2023
May 21 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Welcome to our registration page for this year’s Walk for Life. Here you can register, order your food, and download your sponsorship forms and your “I’m Walking For” sheet.
This is CSF-L’s biggest fundraising event of the year. Last year we raised just over €6,000 thanks to you, our supporters. This year we hope to increase this amount with your help and invite you to spread the word amongst family and friends, either to take part or to sponsor you.
To register click here (you will be able to choose your preferred walk (10km, 5km or 3km) and will have the option to pay your €10 +a donation if you want by Bank transfer, Credit or Debit card or your own PayPal. We encourage you to pay online if at all possible, however, if you prefer to pay on the day, please pay at the check-in desk at the entrance to the Domaine.
(Please note, CSF-L will not be taking food orders directly this year.)
CSF-L is giving you the option to order your food directly via our vendors websites. Please note that there will be limited availability of food on the day if not pre-ordered.
We will have two food trucks on site – please order directly on the links below (you will be taken to the vendor’s website).
You will be offered the option of paying directly to your chosen vendor or pay cash on the day.
For hamburgers and vegetarian option – click Ken & Alison’s Catering.
For Fish & Chips – click www.wizardwedding.com/csfl
Note: To avoid queues on the day, when you return from your walk, please go immediately to the food kiosk you have pre-ordered from, they will register your attendance and it will take approximately 15 minutes to prepare your food. We would ask you to please take a seat at a table before returning to the kiosk to collect your lunch.
Click here for Sponsorship form. All donations go directly to allow us to support all those affected by cancer in the Herault and Aveyron.
Who should take part?
- 10 km walk – we recommend this walk for seasoned walkers/hikers used to hilly terrain and uneven surfaces. We do not recommend this walk for people with any mobility issues. There will be a short refreshment break 2/3rds of the way and perhaps you might like to bring a coffee flask with you.
- 5 km walk – we recommend this walk for walkers who like a bit of a challenge but at a slower pace. . There is one moderately steep ascent which is not too long but otherwise the terrain is reasonably flat.
- 3 km walk – this is for those less able to tackle the uneven and hilly terrain of the other two walks. This is a fairly flat surfaced walk and is easier than the 3 km walk of 2022.
What should I wear and take with me?
- Walking boots or shoes (especially for the 10 km) or trainers.
- Perhaps a light jacket in case of rain
- Layers – depending on the weather on the day
- A hat!
- A water bottle – there will be water supplied for you to refill your water bottles
- A light rucksack or bum-bag if you wish
Who will be leading the walks?
- An experienced guide will lead each walk
- There will be a back-marker for each group
- Prior to the walk you will be given the telephone number of both the lead and back-marker of your chosen walk, together with an emergency number for our base unit.
May I bring my own lunch?
- While there will be food trucks on the day, you are very welcome to bring your own lunch and refreshments with you.