As a CSF-Languedoc member, your level of involvement with the association is entirely up to you, and you will have the opportunity to let us know your preferences when you complete your membership form.
Below, we have given a brief outline of some of the ways you can support CSF-Languedoc as a member
- Join us as a Friend and we will keep you updated on our progress and events through our e-newsletters and occasional emails. One of the best ways you can support us as a Friend is to tell your own friends, family and neighbours about us
- Give us a hand on a low-key and ad hoc basis to help with awareness and fund-raising at annual events such as our Walk for Life or the Christmas Cracker Fair, help with publicity, offer to organise a coffee morning, or help out at our monthly Drop-In Days.
- Join as an Active Volunteer – providing social and practical help to our clients, many of whom benefit from having someone local to meet up with occasionally for a gentle walk, a game of cards, or a drink at the village café. Others might need some technical assistance – when that computer update is doing something weird again, or WhatsApp has mysteriously disappeared from their phone. Drivers or shoppers can be invaluable to those who are incapacitated by their illness. All of these things can make an enormous difference to someone who is exhausted and isolated, whether by illness, treatment, side effects, after-effects, or bereavement.
- Become an Active Listener to provide emotional as well as practical and linguistic support to our clients. Our Active Listeners are fully trained to provide the necessary support, but are NOT medically trained. Further details about the types of support our Active Listeners can provide, and the training they are given can be found elsewhere on this website.
Whatever level of support you are comfortable with, we warmly welcome you as a member of CSF-Languedoc. The important message is that EVERY LITTLE HELPS!
Yearly membership (from 1st April to 31st March) is 10€ per person, payable by direct bank transfer, PayPal or cheque.
- If you have a euro bank account, payments may be made by single or regular direct transfer to our bank account. Our bank account details are included in the confirmatory email automatically sent to you when you submit the membership application form.
- When setting up the transfer you may wish to consider making it a regular annual payment so subsequent years’ fees will be paid automatically. Our membership year runs from April, so please date your standing order in April
- PayPal is particularly suitable for those who do not have a euro bank account.
- If you are unable to pay by either direct transfer or PayPal, then please send a cheque for 10 euros (per member) payable to CSF-Languedoc to:
CSF-Languedoc, 5 Impasse du Chêne, 34320 Margon
Please note that we are only able to accept cheques in euros. Please do not send cash through the post.
All money raised or donated supports our direct work with individuals affected by cancer. This includes our Drop-In days, our advertising and publicity work (to make sure people know who we are, what we do and how to contact us), our delivery of training for volunteers and any other costs that keep us in a position to meet client needs. This income keeps our books balanced and allows us to keep providing the practical and emotional support that clients say they find invaluable. Although we reimburse our volunteers for expenses they incur, everyone who delivers these services does so without payment. This means all money received goes to support clients in ways which are direct and in which we can have confidence.